Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Personal Teaching Philosophy

Welp, lovely followers, 

It's been more than a year since I've been on this thing and decided (class required) to update ya on my personal teaching philosophy, because I am going to be a teacher. duh.  

The children that come into my class will create positive rules, understand the importance of play and creating an environment where it's best to share your opinion and your ideas.  As children come into my classroom I want to help them create an environment that is safe, where no matter what we can say what's on our mind and we can talk and discuss what the best solutions are.  Collectively we will create classroom rules and stay away from the "no" rules.  We will come up with solutions to problems that rise in our classroom as an entire class.  

As I teach, I will remember that children cannot sit still for long.  We will have physical movements throughout the day.  I will also remember that all children learn differently and if the class isn't understanding, then something is wrong with my methods and I will approach it in a different way.  Learning is fun, its not all about tests and papers and worksheets.  I believe that children learn better through applying things to their prior knowledge.  Helping them build that prior knowledge is part of my job, so they can relate things into their personal life.  Learn through experience is the best way to teach, and that's how I will do it.  

Every class will be different and I won't be able to use a lot of the same materials, but it doesn't matter because I want what's best for those children.  

I am not only a teacher to teach subjects but to be a life long friend and help these children work through issues.  As a teacher I can help these children to understand their full potential and really "go for gold" (name that movie).  

I love to be able to be in a profession where I can help children be their best everyday.  

Here are three links that have great insight into teaching in the classroom. 

http://mrstsfirstgradeclass-jill.blogspot.com/
  This teacher give you her ideas and how they worked out for her children.  She has great ideas on integration.

http://mrsjumpsclass.blogspot.com/
  This teachers gives more instruction on how she did a certain something in her class.  Great ideas to make some cute things. 

http://ilove2teach.blogspot.com/
  This teacher provides papers and ideas that you can do when you don't have a worksheet for that.  They're not busy work, which I love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment